Please join us online on Tuesday 6th October at 8pm when we are going to be talking about Pelvic Floor Health.
- Has jumping, laughing or sneezing become a bit of a ‘leaky’ activity?
- Do you constantly need to go to the toilet or find yourself rushing to get there in time?
- Are you experiencing pelvic floor muscle weakness?
- Do you have a feeling that something isn’t quite right but you’re not sure what it is or what to do about it?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join us for this Zoom event on Tuesday 6th October when we will be talking about Pelvic Floor Health with Grace Lillywhite, Founder of Centred Mums Pilates and Wellbeing and Erica Lewis, Founder of Hertfordshire Women’s Health. Both Grace and Erica have a wealth of experience in helping women with pelvic floor issues and I am delighted that they will be sharing their expertise with us.
Grace and Erica will be talking about:
- What is, and isn’t, normal
- How and why we might experience pelvic floor symptoms
- What we can do to improve our pelvic floor health.
We will also address your individual concerns and answer your questions. To help us in doing this please complete this short anonymous survey so we have this information before the event.
Whether you have a new symptom, a long-standing problem or perhaps you’re interested in preventative action to avoid any future issues, please do join us. This will be an event where we’ll break down some taboos and tackle those issues we’re often embarrassed to talk about. There will be some discussion about pregnancy related issues, but this is not an event just for Mums or Mums-to-be. This is an event for all women who want to be informed and empowered to take control of their pelvic floor health.
Here at Women Aloud we think there’s something really powerful when a group of women get together and we’d love you to be with us for this online event.
- Tuesday 6th October
- 8.00pm – 9.15pm
- Online via Zoom – you can stay on mute and turn your camera off if you would just like to listen in.
- Tickets – are free for Women Aloud More About You Members and £10 for non-members.
- Questions – are very welcome and can be submitted in advance or via the Zoom chat box.
Numbers are limited to ensure we can have valuable conversations so please RESERVE YOUR PLACE HERE >
If you’ve got any questions about this event or our Women Aloud membership (which includes free and discounted tickets for all our events), please email us here >
More about our speakers
Grace Lillywhite is the Founder of Centred Mums which offers pregnancy and postnatal Pilates and wellbeing programmes. Grace is passionate about teaching women to connect to their body so they can exercise safely, effectively and in a way that is sustainable for the rest of their lives. Grace helps her clients with pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic girdle pain, sciatica, sacroiliac joint problems, disc issues and general back pain in the pre and postnatal period.
Erica Lewis has specialised in Women’s Health Physiotherapy for the last 15 years and was Principal Women’s Health Physiotherapist at St George’s Hospital in London from 2007 until July 2015. She founded Hertfordshire Women’s Health to support women with conditions such as urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, faecal incontinence, vaginal prolapse, dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse) and postnatal perineal trauma, including 3rd and 4th degree tears. Erica also provides pre-operative preparation for gynaecological surgery, post-operative strengthening, antenatal prevention of pelvic floor weakness and postnatal pelvic floor muscle checks.